Thursday, November 26, 2009

Some Random

I am totally, completely in love with Josie. We all are. It's amazing how much this tiny girl moves us...she's definitely something special.

The smell of the hospital...especially the green hand soap...makes me want to cry. I wish I could smell that soap once a month for the rest of my life. It brings me right back to my babies...to each baby.

Josie looks a lot like Gage as a newborn. Especially her profile.

Gage and Lila love their new baby sister so much. They often ask to hold her, and I always say Yes. They sit on the couch and hold her in their little laps, and stare at her sweet squishy face. "I like her! I really like her!" they always say, as if surprised.

I know that everything I'm thinking and feeling right now is riddled with hormones, so I am trying to take it with a grain of salt. That said, I totally want a fourth baby someday. Right now I'm all about Josie, and trying to wring every moment of babyhood out of her, but I definitely feel like we'll have one more. Someday.

Gage and I have been calling her 'Jos.' Like, rhymes with 'Most' but without the 't.' I like it.

Speaking of crying, I was actually brought to tears when I heard a little song from a baby toy that has been in the attic for two years. Actual tears. From a battery-operated musical toy. And so it goes.

Unbelievably (and again: riddled with hormones), I am already nostalgic for my baby belly. Also, I CANNOT get over the fact that this kid was INSIDE me a week and a half ago! Geezum! How did THAT work!?



Josie seems wise - she has big, alert eyes and is quiet and observant. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out...whether or not those qualities stay. She's all potential right now.

My first beer in ten months was nice...but rather anticlimactic.

I forgot how much I'm charmed by the little birdy mouth of a nursing baby...the way she twists her neck and fish-kisses my bicep. She knows how to get her point across, for sure.

I'm really, really happy.

1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well! Lots of love to you and your family!